“You will find that when you soften and open, you feel more of your clients’ energy, and you are more able to transmit healing and love.”
Taking Care of Your Body While Giving Tantra Massage
By Judith Shivani Davis, ECTE
There are several principles to remember for your own comfort while giving a Tantra Massage:
1. Are your Chakras aligned, and open, as much as possible given the different positions you may find yourself in.
2. Is your Spinal Column ‘lifted’? Example: In an extended and flexible form, rather that contracted and tense
3. This occurs by remembering that movement happens best by extending into a movement, not contracting.
4. USE YOUR WEIGHT, rather than your muscles, to increase pressure when doing point work and ‘bone pressing’.
5. Do not ‘lock’ your joints, (elbows, knees, fingers, etc) as energy flows best when there is breath and space (in you).
6. Know the difference between tone and tension in your own body.
7. Tone is a healthy ‘spring’ in your body, and creates options.
8. Tension is what creates pain, holding and resistance.
You will find that when you soften and open, you feel more of your clients’ energy, and you are more able to transmit healing and love. Relax your jaw, soften your eyes, and give yourself permission to have a gentle ‘spiral’ in your spine and joints. This is the natural way your body finds its happy balance.
* This article is part of our Certified Tantra Educator Training with the Source School of Tantra Yoga.